The Happy Trails overdrive is based on a highly modified Klon Centaur circuit. It incorporates an internal charge pump to run the circuit at 18V, which means more headroom and dynamic range.
The Happy Trails pedal allows the player to select what type of clipping diodes are best suited for their playing style.
Also incorporated in this pedal is the buffer that is found on the original Centaur which is widely regarded to be one of the best buffers available. This isn’t the cheapo buffers that you find on old wah pedals and commercial stomp boxes.
– sturdy die cast 1590BB aluminum enclosure
– high quality buffer circuitry to drive long cables and to keep the highs of single coil pickups
– premium quality resistors and capacitors to ensure maximum tone
– premium quality switchcraft jacks for years of reliable use
– operates off of a standard Boss style 9V DC adapter (center pin negative)
– controls: Gain, Level, and Treble controls.
– Hard clipping diode selection switch
– Soft clipping diode selection switch
– extra bright LED to ensure on-stage visibility.
– knob style and colour
– enclosure colour
– LED colour
– True bypass circuitry instead of buffered bypass
– pedalboard friendly 1590B enclosure